The Dr. Michael A. Balourdas Hellenic Cultural School
We are an
educational ministry of St. Demetrios Church whose primary goal is to teach our children
to communicate in the Greek language (Demotiki), to instill in them pride in our Hellenic
Heritage, and reverence for our Greek Orthodox faith.
School Visitation Policy
Parents are welcome to visit the classrooms and observe the class in
session upon request to the clergy or the Principal.
- Prepare students to communicate in both oral and written Greek.
Emphasis will be given to spoken Greek.
- Help students develop a deep appreciation of Greek culture and pride in their heritage.
- Familiarize students with major chapters of Greek history: Ancient, Byzantine and Modern.
- Teach students famous stories from Greek mythology and literature.
- Identify major contributions and impact of Greek on Western civilization
- Increase awareness of presence of Greek in the English language
- Increase students understanding of Orthodox Christianity and Philosophy.
- Help students share their knowledge and present information about
Greek language and culture in their schools.
Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
All parents are encouraged to become members of the P.T.O. Dues can
be paid upon registration of your child. The P.T.O. plays a vital
role in helping with the programs and providing the means for worthwhile
projects that enhance our school and benefit our children.
The P.T.O. has established a scholarship program for high school
graduates that have graduated from our Greek School and who are entering
college. This scholarship is presented on Greek Letters Day.
Greek School Staff
|Prokatartiki (Prep) Level ||Marina Ermidis|
|Level 1||Mary Szekely|
|Level 2||Sofia Trichonas|
|Level 3||Antonia Perris|
|Level 4||Audrey Romell|
|Levels 5-6||Irene Dimarhos|
|Levels 7-8||Tom Hlepas|
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:45pm.